Preferred Hotels & Resorts – one of the world’s largest independent hotel brands representing more than 700 distinctive hotels, resorts, and residences across 85 countries — recently announced the growth of its global portfolio with the addition of 15 new member hotels between October 1 and December 31, 2018. From an adults-only all-inclusive resort to a 16th century palace, these exciting new properties deliver authentic, one-of-a-kind experiences, which speak to the spirit of independent hotels and encapsulate the philosophy of #ThePreferredLife across exciting destinations, including Jaipur, Lisbon, and the Yucatan Peninsula.
Highlights of the new additions:
1. Hotel Clarks Amer (Jaipur, India): First launched in 1972, before taking on its current moniker in 1973, Hotel Clarks Amer is an iconic five-star property frequented by heads of state, celebrities, and numerous international cricketers over the decades. Guests will appreciate the warm hospitality and serenity of the hotel, which is flanked by the city’s only botanical garden, featuring more than 2,000 trees and 44 different bird species. In addition to 215 spacious guestrooms and duplex penthouse suites, decorated and upholstered to reflect the vibrancy of colorful Rajasthan, Hotel Clarks Amer features Swedish and Thai massage specialists at Clarks Spa, Rajasthani and international dining outlets, including taBlu, Jaipur’s oldest open-air rooftop café, and a tree-lined outdoor swimming pool. Wellness enthusiasts will enjoy the hotel’s jogging trails and nature walks, while culture seekers can visit nearby historic forts, palaces, temples, and museums.
2. Hotel Hendricks(New York, United States): Opening this Spring, Hotel Hendricks is set to be one of the Big Apple’s hottest hotel launches and an exciting addition to the New Midtown area. Created by the New York-based firm Nobutaka Ashihara Architect PC, the chic industrial interiors incorporate malachite, polished copper, bronze, and exposed concrete in the public spaces, softened by the use of greenery, both inside and outside. The 176 guestrooms and suites are perfectly configured for the Millennial business or leisure traveler, offering plush furnishings with bold animal prints, mahogany, and pastel accents.The hotel is sure to be a hit with locals and visitors to the city alike who will flock to the hotel to access its two roof top bars overlooking the Empire State Building and extending panoramic views over the skyscrapers, or dine at its onsite Latin fusion café, which offers a modern tapas menu.
3. The One Palacio de Anunciada (Lisbon, Portugal): Housed in a carefully restored 16th century palace with stately gardens, The One Palacio de Anunciada launches this month in the exclusive Barrio Alto neighborhood as one of Lisbon’s most anticipated luxury openings of 2019. Each of the 83 elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites are bathed in natural light and feature marble bathrooms, pure Egyptian cotton linens, and original Portuguese ceramics. The culinary arts will be a centerpiece of the on-property experience, with the hotel inviting guests to enjoy al-fresco drinks by the pool from its gourmet cocktail bar, light bites in the wine and tapas bar, and privileged access to the restaurant, which features a refined market-to-table menu served under a coffered ceiling with hand-painted frescoes. After a day exploring the hilly city’s cobbled streets, architecture, and art and music scenes, guests can return for a pampering treatment or unwind in the heated pool at Despacio Spa.
3. frutt Lodge & Spa (MelchseeFrutt, Switzerland): Located in the secluded village of MelchseeFrutt, adjacent to Lake Melchsee and surrounded by the soaring Swiss Alps, frutt Lodge & Spa is an idyllic retreat for romantics, foodies, and outdoor lovers. The traditional lodge features 67 cozy yet spacious guestrooms and suites, each with contemporary interiors and unimpeded views out to the lake or mountains, some with living areas and private balconies. In the winter season, guests can enjoy direct access to the slopes, sled runs, and ice fishing, and over the summer months, they can join excursions to alpine farms and local cheese tasting tours or explore nearby hiking trails while equipped with BBQ backpacks thoughtfully provided by the hotel for refreshing breaks. Other facilities include three restaurants serving Swiss, Mediterranean, and gourmet cuisine, as well as a 9,600 square-foot wellness space offering massage and cosmetic treatments, a Finnish sauna, steam bath, and private spa suite.
4. Haven Riviera Cancun (Playa del Carmen, Mexico): This glamorous adults-only hotel is ideally situated on pristine beachfront between lively Cancun and the picturesque Riviera Maya. Guests will enjoy a calm and spacious setting replete with fine-dining restaurants, three pools (two with swim-up bars and one infinity pool), and a 15,700 square-foot sanctuary spa – all available on an all-inclusive basis. Each of the 333 guestrooms – including 88 swim-out suites with wide terraces – face the Caribbean Sea. For travelers looking to explore their local surroundings, the resort is conveniently close to the energetic nightlife of Playa del Carmen, world-class diving or swimming with sea turtles on Isla Mujeres, and even snorkeling with whale sharks off Cozumel Island.
Other member hotels to join Preferred Hotels & Resorts from October 1 through December 31, 2018 include:
Clarks Exotica – Convention Resort & Spa (Bangalore, India)
Hotel EQ, Kuala Lumpur (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
Lorenzo Hotel (Dallas, Texas)
Garza Blanca Resort & Spa Los Cabos (Cabo San Lucas, Mexico)
Pure Salt Garonda (Balears, Spain)
Pure Salt Port Adriano (Palma de Mallorca, Spain)
BY 14 TLV Hotel (Tel Aviv, Israel)
The First Roma – Dolce (Rome, Italy)
Stanford Court San Francisco (San Francisco, California)
Can Bordoy Grand House & Garden (Palma de Mallorca, Spain)