Aloo Bukhara Qofta for Navratri by Exec Sous Chef Shubhra Mehrotra, ITC Maurya, New Delhi is creative and delicious take on fasting food.What’s more Chef Shubhra Mehrotra generously shared the recipe of a delicious dessert Shakarkandi Kheer for Navratri.
What is your favourite dish to cook during Navratri? we asked and pronto!
India’s top Chefs shared their Favourite Dish to cook during Navratri along with the recipe, so all food lovers can make it in their home for their loved ones.
We wait all year for celebrating food during the ongoing Navratri festival in mid-April. The 9-day of festivities puts a spotlight on what is traditionally known as Navratri fare but these meals are probably some of the most nutritious and diet-friendly meals in the world.
Exec Sous Chef Shubhra Mehrotra, ITC Maurya, New Delhi shares her Favourite Dish to cook During Navratri
Happy Navratri! Happy Cooking with recipe of Aloo Bukhara Qofta for Navratri by Exec Sous Chef Shubhra Mehrotra!
Recipe – Aloo Bukhara Qofta for Navratri by Exec Sous Chef Shubhra Mehrotra, ITC Maurya, New Delhi
Aloo Bukhara, is a wonderful plum with health benefits like vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, as well as Beta carotene, Vitamin C, and zinc.
Aloo Bukhara Qofta
Prep time: – 45 minutes
Utensils: – Kadhai, pan, ladle, strainer
|Aloo Bukhara(apricot)||1 no.|
|Singhada Atta||2 tbsp.|
|Sendha Namak||To taste|
|Red chilli Powder||1 tsp|
|Elaichi Powder||1 tsp|
|Jeera( cumin)||1 tsp|
|Black pepper||5 no.|
|Coriander leaves||Few sprigs|
- Soak Apricots in water for few hours.
- Mash Paneer into a smooth paste.
- Mix a little salt and red chilli Powder to paneer. Add chopped ginger.
- Mix a little singhada Atta for binding.
- Chop soaked apricots.
- Shape paneer into round balls of Qofta with the stuffing of chopped apricots.
- Heat ghee in Kadhai for frying Qofta.
- Fry Qofta till golden crisp.
Gravy preparation: –
- Boil chop tomatoes and cashew in little water, add peppercorn and cook.
- Make a fine paste of boiled tomato & cashew in Blender.
- Pass it through a sieve to make fine gravy.
- Whisk yogurt till blended add a little salt red chilli Powder and elaichi Powder to same.
- Heat Ghee in the pan, add Jeera till it crackle.
- Slowly add cashew and tomato paste and cook for some time add yogurt paste.
- Add little water to adjust the consistency of gravy, bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add Qofta and simmer for few minutes.
- Finish garnishing with sprigs of coriander leaves.
Shakarkandi Kheer by Exec Sous Chef Shubhra Mehrotra, ITC Maurya, New Delhi
Shakarkandi or sweet potato is a root vegetable, a natural food with great nutrient value. It has good quantities of fibre as well as Vitamin A, carbohydrate, potassium and sodium. It is rich in essential minerals such as iron and magnesium, and is a popular choice during vrat or fasting on festival days.
|Sweet Potato(Shakharkandi)||400 gm|
|Pista||7 -8 pcs|
|Cashewnut||10 – 12 pcs.|
|Raisins||10 -12 pcs|
|Elaichi powder||1 tsp|
- Boil sweet potato in water till cooked soft.
- Grate when cooled and keep aside.
- Boil milk in a pan, reduce to 1/3rd.
- Add chopped nuts and elaichi powder.
- Add sugar and finish simmering adding elaichi powder
- Add grated sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the kheer from heat and keep it aside for cooling.
- Serve in a bowl garnished with slivers of almonds and pista.
Read More: Food Voyager