Chocolate unites us all!
If there ever was anything that everyone unanimously agreed upon, it would be about chocolate’s delicious taste.
During these tough times, it is essential to keep up your mood and nothing better than having a bite of a chocolate dessert!
Today’s Traveller invites Exec Chef Indrajit Mukherjee, The Fern Residency, Kolkata to share his favourite Choco Delight…
Melting Lava Serve With Almond Biscotti & Banana Caramel Ice-Cream
Preparation time – 50 minutes
Baking time- 35 minutes
Portion – 8 pax
- Bitter chocolate – 250 grams
- Salted butter – 250 grams
- Refined Flour – 50 grams
- Egg – 2 numbers
- Breakfast sugar – 65 grams
- Melt the dark chocolate & butter
- Whipped the egg & sugar
- Now mix both mixture together
- Add refined flour in it & through cutting folding method mix them all together
- Give resting for 20-25 minute
- Pour the mixture in a greased mould
- Bake at 250 degree C for 7-9 minute
- Demould on the serving plate & serve within 1-2 minute
- Serve with banana caramel ice-cream & almond biscotti
- Egg – 10 numbers
- Breakfast sugar – 275 grams
- Refined Flour – 188 grams
- Butter – 63 grams
- Almond – 125 grams
- Whipped the breakfast sugar & egg.
- Mix flour and whole almond together.
- Add flour & almond in the egg mixture.
(mix them through cutting folding method to avoid the volume reduction).
- Add melted butter & mix properly.
- Pour in a greased tray.
- Bake at 180 degree C for approx. 30 minutes.
Rustic White & Dark Strips
Preparation time – 60 minute
Portion – 6-7 pax
- German Brownie – 350 grams
- White nelusko mousse – 350 grams
- Nougatine– 50 grams
- Milk chocolate truffle – 200 grams
- Take a long rectangle mould ( 8”/3”/2.5”)
- Lining it with a butter paper.
- At the base of the mould pour Brownie mixture & bake it.
- After baking take it out from the oven & cool it properly (don’t demould it).
- On the brownie pour the White nelusko mousse mixture & freeze it for overnight.
- Take it out from the fridge ( demould it)& cut the cake in the shape of long strip,
- Prepare milk chocolate truffle & temper it. When truffle become cool, cover the strip with it.
- Sprinkle Nougatin on it & serve chilled with proper decoration.
German Brownie Mixture
- Refined flour – 162 grams
- Bitter Dark chocolate – 325 grams
- Salted Butter – 187.5 grams
- Egg – 5 pcs
- Walnut – 50 grams
- Baking powder – 43 grams
- Vanilla essence – 3-4 drops
- Melt the chocolate & butter.
- Whipped the sugar & egg.
- Mix flour, baking powder & walnut together.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Now mix all together & pour in the rectangle mould & bake at 185 degree C for 20-22 minute.
- Now use it.
White Chocolate Nelusko Mousse
- Egg – 2 pcs
- Sugar – 50 grams,
- Gelatin powder – 05 grams
- Milk – 100 ml
- Whipped cream – 100 grams
- White chocolate – 100 grams
- Prepare cream aunglaise with sugar, egg & milk.
- Add melted white chocolate & processed gelatine.
- Fold the total mixture with whipped cream & use.
Milk Chocolate Truffle
- Milk chocolate – 200 grams
- Amul cream – 100 ml
- Amul butter – 20 grams
- Boil the cream with butter on a double boiler.
- Add milk chocolate in it.
- Properly melt it, then use.
Read more: Food Voyager