Chocolate unites us all!
If there ever was anything that everyone unanimously agreed upon, it would be about chocolate’s delicious taste.
During these tough times, it is essential to keep up your mood and nothing better than having a bite of a chocolate dessert!
Today’s Traveller invites Pastry Chef Rajat Sachdeva, Sofitel Mumbai BKC to share his favourite Choco Delight…
Five Textures of Chocolate
|Egg yolks||140 gms|
|Caster sugar||60 gms|
|Full cream milk||150 gms|
|Callebaut 70%||250 gms|
|Fresh cream||125 gms|
- Mix the sugar and eggs until combined.
- Heat milk and cream together until 70c.
- Temper eggs and sugar with a third of cream+milk.
- Combine the mixture and heat until it reaches 82c – 84c to make a crème anglaise.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh sieve over the chocolate and emulsify.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap and store in fridge, set overnight.
|Hazelnut paste||60 gms|
|Callebaut 33%||120 gms|
|Cocoa butter||60 gms|
|Feuillant biscuit||200 gms|
- Melt cocoa butter and pour over the Callebaut 33%.
- Stir it gently to get smooth texture.
- Mix hazelnut paste in to the chocolate mixture.
- Lastly add Feuillant biscuits to get a crunchy mixture and spread the mixture over the silpat using a spatula
- Cover the top using another silpat and roll it with rolling pin until you get the desired thickness.
- Keep it in the chiller for at least half an hour and cut it in desired shape before use.
Read more: Food Voyager