Chocolate unites us all!
If there ever was anything that everyone unanimously agreed upon, it would be about chocolate’s delicious taste.
During these tough times, it is essential to keep up your mood and nothing better than having a bite of a chocolate dessert!
Today’s Traveller invites Exec Pastry Chef Santosh Rawat, JW Marriott Mumbai Sahar to share his favourite Choco Delight…
Chocolate Hazelnut Soufflé Tart
- Sable Dough
- Milk Chocolate Cremeux
- Soufflé Sponge
- Hazelnut Praline
- Hazelnut Roasted- 250gm
- Castor sugar – 160gm
- Water – 40gm
- Vanilla Bean – ½
- Roast Hazelnut, keep it read and warm.
- Make dark caramel with Sugar and water.
- Combine the roasted hazelnut to the caramel.
- Place on the nonstick mat to cool.
- One it is cooled, place in the robot coup.
- Blend it to a smooth texture. Store in the air tight container.
Milk Chocolate Cremeaux
- Fresh Cream 35% 500gm
- Milk Chocolate 500gm
- Sugar 50gm
- Egg yolk 200gm
- Combine Egg yolk and sugar, mix well
- Boil milk and add to the egg mixer in parts.
- Make anglaise and cook to 85C.
- Strain the anglaise to the milk to make a ganache.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
- Milk- 300gm
- Corn Starch – 30gm
- Dark Chocolate 53% – 120gm
- Egg Yolk – 85gm
- Egg White- 200gm
- Castor Sugar- 85gm
- Make Pastry Cream with Milk, Corn starch, Chocolate and Egg yolk.
- Whisk Egg White and sugar to a meringue.
- Combine the meringue to pastry cream lightly and deposit into the mould 2cm thick.
- Bake at 180c until well cooked.
- Dark chocolate- 200gm
- Butter unsalted- 360gm
- Sea salt- 6gm
- Icing sugar- 270gm
- Ground almond- 90gm
- Whole eggs- 150gm
- Refine pastry flour- 180gm
- Refine pastry flour- 520gm
- Melt butter, add dark chocolate to melt.
- Combine sea salt, icing sugar, ground almond, whole egg and 1st part of flour. Mix well
- Lastly add the second part of flour. Do not over mix. Rest in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Roll the dough to 1mm thickness, line the tart ring and blind bake 100% at 180c until well cooked. Store in airtight container
- Spray the tart with Cocoa butter to avoid getting soggy.
- Cut the soufflé sponge round, pipe the hazelnut praline on it.
- Fill the tart ½ with hazelnut cremeaux insert the sponge in middle to level the tart. freeze
- Serve upside down.
Read more: Food Voyager