Chocolate unites us all!
If there ever was anything that everyone unanimously agreed upon, it would be about chocolate’s delicious taste.
During these tough times, it is essential to keep up your mood and nothing better than having a bite of a chocolate dessert!
Today’s Traveller invites Exec Chef Sanjib Chitrakar, The Fern Denzong Hotel & Spa, Gangtok to share his favourite Choco Delight…
Chocolate Cremeux With Stornoway Choux Bun
- Callebaut Dark Callets-20 Gms
- Rich Cream Topping-20 Gms
- Amul Cream-20 Ml
- Choux Bun-1 Nos
- Water-10 Ml
- Butter-10 Ml
- Beaten Egg-15 Gms
- Refined Flour-15 Gms
- Meringue-20 Gms
- Egg White-10 Gms
- Castor Sugar-20 Gms
- Butterscotch Sauce-30 Ml
- Sugar-10 Gms
- Cream-10 Gms
- Butter-10 Gms
- Chocolate Chips-5 Gms
- Bring Amul Cream to a boil and add Callebaut Chocolate to it and mix these two and keep aside to cool
- Now whip the Rich Cream and make Hard Peaks, once done fold it with the Chocolate Truffle and cool in the refrigerator
- Boil water and add butter to it , now add the refined flour and cook it for 2-3 mins, once done cool a bit and add egg to it and mix.
- Now shape the choux paste in Profit Roll shape and bake it at 180C for 25 mins
- Whip the Egg Whites and make Hard Peaks and now add the Castor Sugar. Once done pipe it on a silicon mat and bake this at 110C for 30 mins
- Caramilize the sugar in a sauce pan and add butter and cream to it. Cook for next 3-4 mins and the sauce is ready
Assembling The Dessert
- Once the sauce is cooled and in a thick consistency fill it in the choux bun
- Take a cling wrap and lay it on the table, put the mousse on the cling film and put the filled choux bun on it and wrap the cling film. Now freeze this so this looks like a stone
- Take a plate and lay the choco chips and put the chocolate stone upon it
- Dust the stone with cocoa powder. Put the meringue on top and garnish with chocolate feathers
Read more: Food Voyager