Summer Cooler: Tasty, Fresh, Juicy, and Refreshing! Take your pick from – sodas, shakes, sherbets, nutritional drinks!
These coolers, smoothies, mocktails, and more are the perfect antidotes to shake up the summer.
Today’s Traveller welcomes Nishant Koli, F&B Manager, Fortune Park Lake City, Thane to join us in beating the heat by sharing his favourite Summer Coolers.
- Kokum – 8-10 pieces
- coconut milk – 1 can
- Garlic pods – 2 no
- Black peppercorn – 4 no
- Himalayan pink salt – t0 taste
- Green chili (optional) – 1 no
- Cilantro – for garnish
- Take a cup of warm water and soak Kokum for about an hour.
- In a mixer, grind the grated coconut, garlic, black peppercorns, and green chili along with the kokum and the water in which it is soaked to get a fine paste.
- Squeeze and strain this paste through the sieve. Repeat this process, adding some more water, until you fully extract the juice from the coconut.
- Alternatively, grind the soaked kokum, garlic, peppercorn and green chili and mix it well with coconut milk.
- Add salt and stir well. Cover and chill for an hour before serving.
- Mix well before serving and garnish with finely chopped cilantro leaves.
- You can serve as an appetizer drink or in a main meal as a curry accompaniment.
- Sol kadhi is always served chilled.
Read more: Food Voyager