Karma Lakelands is a one-of-its-kind eco-responsible luxury golf resort spread across 300 acres with over 2,00,000 trees and plantation. Ecological and sustainable activities, like water harvesting, organic agro initiatives, solar energy utilisation, no plastic and no honking are not only encouraged but also practised at the resort.
The new program, named ‘Karma Kares’, has been designed to ensure even higher safety and hygiene standards by remodelling their Standard Operating Procedure towards ensuring a safe environment for guests.
“Eco-Responsible luxury is the core value of our property and with this new program, we shall be completely enhancing our protocols to make the guests feel more safe and comfortable while availing our hospitality services in the new normal,” said Daman Deep Singh, General Manager, Karma Lakelands.
‘Karma Kares’ would involve stringent procedures on disinfection and sanitisation of public areas and back of the house to ensure that there is no scope of contamination within the property.
The following measures will be taken under the program
- Thermal screening, Arogya Setu app ‘Safe’ status and the wearing of masks for staff and guests to enter the premises.
- Touchless sanitisation in all guest areas
- Sanitisation schedule for all high touchpoints within the guest rooms
- All guest room to be held for 24 hours post check out before releasing it to another guest.
- Digital menu and payment through app for touchless experience
- Intensive sanitisation schedule for the back of the house areas
- Partnering with Johnson Diversey for proper training on disinfection and sanitisation products
The property offers a 9-hole boutique golf course, premium staycation and longstay Villa and Tents options with an array of food and beverage venues, ranging from farm-to-fork dining to precisely curated wedding and events.