A super Navratri feast by Exec Chef Rohit Joshi, Taj Corbett Resort and Spa, Uttarakhand is laid out for readers to enjoy. What’s more the Chef shares the recipe with us and shares a demo video, so Today’s Traveller’s readers can enjoy cooking in their kitchens.
What is your favourite dish to cook during Navratri? we asked and pronto! India’s top Chefs shared their Favourite Dish to cook during Navratri along with the recipe, so all food lovers can make it in their home for their loved ones.
We wait all year for celebrating food during the ongoing Navratri festival in mid-April. The 9-day of festivities puts a spotlight on what is traditionally known as Navratri fare but these meals are probably some of the most nutritious and diet-friendly meals in the world.
Navratri feast by Exec Chef Rohit Joshi, Taj Corbett Resort and Spa is shared with the full recipe and a demo video too!
Happy Navratri! Happy Cooking!
Recipe – Pahadi Chaulai (Amaranthus Seed) Halwa
|Roasted Amaranthus Seeds flour||50 gm|
Method of Preparation
- Prepare thin syrup of Jaggery and keep it aside.
- In a Kadhai add ghee heat it and then add Amaranthus flour to it.
- On a medium flame cook it until it turns golden brown in colour.
- Add Jaggery syrup and cook until the ghee is separated.
- Add dry fruits & nuts and serve hot.
Kuttu Ki Poori
|Kuttu Flour||400 gm|
Special Tedhu / Tarud Ki Subzi
|Tedhu (Peeled & Boiled)||400 gm|
|Coriander seeds||5 gm|
|Cumin seeds||5 gm|
|Green Chilly||5 gm|
|Ginger (Peeled & Chopped)||10 gm|
|Mustard Oil||15 ml|
|Jakhiya Seeds ( Wild Mustard)||4 gm|
|Mustard Oil||15 ml.|
|Sendha Salt||To taste|
|Coriander Fresh ( Chopped)||10 gm|
Method of Preparation
- Peel and cut Tedhu in size of approximately 3 inches. Cook in water until its par boiled. Strain and keep aside
- On a grindstone (Silbatta) make a paste of coriander, cumin and green chillies.
- Take a kadhai, add mustard oil and smoke it lightly. Let the oil cool down a bit & then add Jakhiya seeds for tempering.
- Once the Jakhiya seeds start to crackle add the stone ground masala & chopped ginger. Cook for few minutes on medium flame until the oil separates.
- Now add the parboiled Tedhu add Sendha Salt as per taste & mix well, add around 50/60 ml of water & Cover with a lid and cook until it’s completely done.
- Add chopped coriander & serve hot with Kuttu ki Poori.
Read More: Food Voyager