Preferred Hotels & Resorts – the world’s largest independent hotel brand – welcomed 11 new member hotels to its global portfolio from February 1 through May 31, 2021.
Each of these new member hotels, resorts, and residences, ranging from a refurbished chic retreat in New York to an ultra-luxe Swiss chalet, will provide couples, families, and solo travelers with an opportunity to reconnect with themselves, local culture, and nature on much-anticipated trips abroad or closer to home.
Highlights of the new additions include:
· ModernHaus SoHo – (New York, United States) – Soho’s newest urban luxury hotel opened its doors in May 2021 following a multimillion-dollar makeover that includes chic interiors inspired by the Bauhaus art movement. The property features 114 rooms and suites with energizing views of lower Manhattan, an extensive contemporary art collection with pieces from some of the world’s foremost artists, and signature restaurant Veranda by Michelin-starred chef George Mendes, which extends a retractable glass roof for al fresco dining. Additional amenities include all-day eatery and bar lounge Jumpin Jacks, rooftop bar Jimmy, rooftop pool deck, and indoor and outdoor event spaces.
· The Fives Oceanfront Puerto Morelos (Puerto Morelos, Q.R., Mexico) – Nestled on a white sand beach in a small fishing village, 24 miles south of Cancun, this laidback retreat opened its doors in July 2020 featuring 93 residential-style suites with one, two, and three-bedrooms, some with private pools and ocean views. The hotel boasts a spa, infinity pools, lush gardens, and a range of restaurants and bars, including the RoMarley Beach House – a buzzy beach club founded by Rohan Marley, son of legendary musician Bob Marley.
· Haycock Manor (Wansford, United Kingdom) – Opening its doors this July after careful restorations to the 16th century listed building, the boutique hideaway features 49 rooms with exposed beams, Elizabethan fireplaces, and four-poster beds. Dining offerings include the Prévost restaurant and Haycock Kitchen.
· La Esperanza Granada (Andalucia, Spain) – Newly launched in May 2021, the enchanting countryside estate is set amongst 12 acres of gardens with ancient orchards, and Alhambra-inspired courtyards, on a hilltop just 30 minutes from Granada. The retreat features eight guest suites furnished with authentic art and antiques. The property can be hired in its entirety for intimate weddings or as the ultimate private escape for family and friends. Surrounding gardens include a pool, infinity jacuzzi, yoga pavilion, and heliport.
· Ultima Gstaad (Gstaad, Switzerland) – Set high on the slopes in the heart of picturesque Gstaad, the chalet is comprised of 11 individually styled suites, complete with a balcony or terrace extending mountain views, and an additional six adjacent apartments ranging from two to four bedrooms with cozy living spaces and fully-equipped chef kitchens. Guests can take advantage of the private, state-of-the-art spa. Additional highlights include a restaurant and bar serving Mediterranean-influenced Swiss cuisine and a cinema room.
Other member hotels to join Preferred Hotels & Resorts since February 1, 2021, include:
· Pendry Chicago (Illinois, United States): Set in an iconic Art Deco landmark famed for its Champagne bottle design, the new hotel boasts 364 guest rooms and suites, signature restaurant and bar, rooftop space with a seasonal pop-up bar, curated wellness programming, and art collection.
· Ultima Corfu (Corfu, Greece) – Set on a hillside with views of the coastline, the deluxe villa comfortably hosts 12 guests with six suites, two infinity pools adjoined by a waterfall, state-of-the-art gym, spa, outdoor Jacuzzi, hammam, and access to a yacht and helicopter transfers.
· Hotel Villa Barbarich Venice Mestre (Venice, Italy): Located in the bustling center of Mestre, the 16th century hotel features 31 elegant rooms, tranquil garden with patio, pool with Jacuzzi, and Malipiero restaurant serving authentic regional cuisine made from locally produced ingredients.
· Artiem Madrid (Madrid, Spain): An urban green hotel in the heart of Madrid, the city hotel offers 83 rooms, expansive fitness facilities, and The Green – a warm and welcoming space open 24-hours a day for breakfast and complimentary “grab & go” snacks and drinks.
· Parkhotel Quellenhof Aachen (Aachen, Germany): Set in the cathedral city of Aachen, this Grand Dame hotel is housed in a neoclassical building boasting 144 stylish rooms, array of event spaces, French-brassiere style restaurant, and unique heritage spa.
· THE Park Kolkata (Kolkata, India): An urban contemporary hotel in a prime downtown location, the property features 149 rooms, seven F&B outlets including restaurants, bars, and cafes, and a spa with fitness center, meditation rooms, sauna, steam rooms, and whirlpools.
Each of these new member hotels can participate in I Prefer Hotel Rewards, the brand’s points-based loyalty program with more than 3.8 million travelers currently enrolled globally.
Read More: News