Nuevo Ratri pumpkin soup by Exec Chef Sandeep Pande, JW Marriott New Delhi is a pièce de résistance of a meal when celebrating the Navratri festival.
When we put the question, ‘What is your favourite dish to cook during Navratri?’ his reply was quick – “It is Nuevo Ratri pumpkin soup with ragi sourdough bread.” And pronto! We received the recipe of the famous Nuevo Ratri pumpkin soup by Exec Chef Sandeep Pande for all our readers to enjoy and make for their families.
The Today’s Traveller campaign to get India’s top Chefs to share their Favourite Dish to cook during Navratri along with the recipe, took off with a bang during this auspicious period.
Of course, celebrating food during the Navratri festival in mid-April is something we look forward to especially since the 9-days of festivities shine a focus on what is traditionally known as Navratri food which by all accounts are probably some of the most nutritious and diet-friendly meals in the world. That’s where the delicious Nuevo Ratri pumpkin soup by Exec Chef Sandeep Pande shines.
It is interesting that Navratri fast rules differ from region to region including the Navratri pooja vidhi (procedure), Navratri kanya poojan, the kind of ingredients permitted during Navratri vrat, the special Navratri recipes and the way Navratri vrat vidhi is actually observed in households. Men and women both keep the fast and celebrate the festival.
The Divine feminine is worshipped at Navratri through the 9 forms of Shakti or Devi. And so Goddesses like Durga and Saraswati among other revered forms are prayed to and worshipped. The fasting ends with sumptuous special vrat foods that are creative and nutritional. Among the permitted flours and grains are Singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour), Kuttu ka atta (buckwheat flour) Rajgira ka atta (amaranth flour); Sama ke chawal ka atta (barnyard millet flour); Vrat ke chawal (barnyard millet)
Nuevo Ratri pumpkin soup by Exec Chef Sandeep Pande, JW Marriott New Delhi accompanied with ragi sourdough bread is a dish that has all the vrat ingredients allowed during Navratri and definitely is a top draw among the general pumpkin soup recipes..
Happy Navratri! Happy Cooking the Nuevo Ratri pumpkin soup by Exec Chef Sandeep Pande!
Nuevo Ratri pumpkin soup by Exec Chef Sandeep Pande
Recipe – Nuevo Ratri pumpkin soup with ragi sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup 400gm pumpkin, sliced
- ½ tsp sendha or rock salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika powder
- 2 cup stock
- 10 sage leaves
- cream to garnish
- Firstly, in a large pan heat 2 tbsp olive oil. alternatively, use any neutral flavoured oil or butter.
- now add 2 cups (400gm) sliced pumpkin. use any pumpkin of your choice.
- also add ½ tsp rock salt and ½ tsp smoked paprika
- sauté for a minute or 2 till it changes colour slightly.
- furthermore add 2 cups of stock and mix well.
- cover and cook covered in an oven for 15 minutes till mashed.
- cook the pumpkin well and allow it to cool slightly.
- transfer to the blender and blend to smooth paste with cream and remaining butter and half of the cream cheese.
- pour the prepared pumpkin soup into a bowl and garnish it with a tbsp of cream. alternatively, use greek yoghurt if you are diet conscious.
- finally, serve pumpkin soup sprinkled with paprika and olive oil-fried sage leaves.
Serve with an “alternative flour” bread and cream cheese blended with sage.
Enjoy the Nuevo Ratri pumpkin soup by Exec Chef Sandeep Pande!
Read More: Food Voyager