Quarantine life can be hectic while balancing work from home and household chores. We should always remember that health is as important as wealth. To make sure that your eating habits remain healthy during this quarantine The Academy of Pastry & Culinary Arts brings to you these easy to make recipes. Eat healthy, stay healthy and work healthy.
Avocado Veg & Egg Sandwich
Chef Name – Jagadish Purshottam (Executive Culinary chef APCA Bangalore)
- Avocado – 02 Nos
- Iceberg Lettuce – 01 No
- Olive Oil – 01 Tbsp
- Boiled Eggs – 04 Nos.
- Roasted Bell Peppers Red – 01 No
- Chopped Onions – 01 Nov
- Tomatoes – 02 Nos.
- Lemon – 01 No.
- Chives – 50g
- Salt & Pepper – To Taste
- Mustard Paste – 01 tbsp
- Bread – 04 Slices
- Cut two of the avocados in half and scoop the flesh into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle the salt over the top and use a fork to mash the avocados until smooth but slightly chunky.
- Add the cilantro, tomato, red onion, and minced garlic to the avocado mixture.Stir to combine.
- Add lime juice and check for seasoning as desired.
- Toast the Bread slice with a sprinkle of Olive oil.
- Lay a layer of ice burg lettuce on the toasted bread slices.
- Lay a layer of Cucumber slices followed with Avocado mixture (Guacamole).
- A layer of Roasted bell peppers is optional.
- Lay a layer of Boiled Eggs thinly Sliced.
Note: Sandwich can be either served as Opean Sandwich with out covering Bread slice on top / with an another slice of bread covered on top.
Couscous with Ratatouille
Chef Name – Charles Jayakumar (Culinary chef APCA Bangalore)
- Instant Cous Cous – 200Gms
- Water – 200 Gms
- Salt – To Taste
- Butter – 50 Gms
- Extra Virgin Oil – 01 Tbsp
- Boil water along with salt and butter.
- Once water boils, add in cous-cous and stir. Remove from heat, cover, and let it stand for 5 minutes.
Before serving drizel some Olive oil, stir with fork to break up lumps
- Tomatoes – 150 Gms
- Onions – 75 Gms
- Zucchini Green – 100 Gms
- Capsicum Green, Red & Yellow Bell Peppers – 120 Gms
- Egg Plant – 120 Gms
- Tomato Paste – 50 Gms
- Thyme – 10 Gms
- Fresh Basli – 10 Gms
- Garlic – 25 Gms
- Salt – To Taste
- White Pepper Powder – To Taste
- Olive Oil – 50ML
- Heat the oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes then add the capsicum and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Transfer onions and capsicum into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the eggplant into the pan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Return onion and capsicum to the pan and stir in tomato paste.
- Add thyme and tomato concasse. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Stir in basil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Read more: Food Voyager