Experience the otherworldly destination of Desaru Coast, where every moment is an Aha! Moment..
Desaru Coast, in Malaysia, was recently showcased at SATTE 2019 by Desaru Development Holdings One Sdn. Bhd. The beautiful Malaysian coast boasts a 17-km-long pristine beachfront that not many destinations have in the world. The options of events or activities, whether it’s by the beach or the garden of the hotel, apart from those held indoors, are endless. Desaru Coast is all about being outdoors amidst sun, sea and sand. Thus, staying true to its DNA, the company encourages many of these events and activities to be held outdoors. Today’s Traveller recently caught up with Roslina Arbak, Chief Executive Officer, Desaru Development Holdings One Sdn. Bhd, who shed some insight on what makes Desaru Coast, a destination with a difference, whether it’s for Destination Weddings, MICE, individual travellers, or family holidays.
What attracts Desaru Coast to the India outbound market and what are the USPs of Desaru Coast which you will be showcasing to Indian travellers?
The USPs of Desaru Coast are:
- Desaru Coast aspires to raise the bar of hospitality standards in Malaysia. The integrated destination is built and infused with world-class hospitality experiences through its globally renowned offerings, such as the Hard Rock Hotel Desaru Coast, The Westin Desaru Coast Resort, Anantara Desaru Coast Resort & Villas and One&Only Desaru Coast. Hard Rock Hotel Desaru Coast commenced its operations in September 2018, while the remaining luxury accommodations are scheduled to open in stages, in 2019.
- First-time travellers to Desaru Coast can unwind at Desaru Coast Riverside, a 23-acre waterfront landscape retail and lifestyle village offering retail, F&B and entertainment. As for our friends from India, who are looking to be pampered on their holiday, a visit to the Heavenly Spa by The Westin or the Rock Spa at Hard Rock Hotel is recommended.
- For travellers with young ones, the Hard Rock Roxity Kids Club in Hard Rock Hotel Desaru Coast, the largest of its kind in the region, comes with a water pool area for kids. Those looking for fun activities that they can do together as a family shouldn’t miss out on the Desaru Coast Adventure Waterpark, which boasts a unique mix of 20 different wet and dry rides and slides, including Southeast Asia’s first water coaster and largest wave pool in the region.
- Indian golf enthusiasts can also experience The Els Club Desaru Coast, a stunning 45-hole golf course manicured by world renowned golfers – Ernie Els and Vijay Singh. The Els Club Desaru Coast is also home to the Els Performance Golf Academy, which offers state-of-the-art golf training facilities and the EPGA Par 3 Academy course, offering fun for everyone, even for a first-timer. Additionally, we have a well-equipped conference centre for Indian businesses looking to host an event in the region.
- Beyond the borders of the integrated resort, those seeking to explore the area can visit the nearby fruit farm and crocodile farm; and for nature-loving guests who seek to connect with nature, there is the scenic cycling path, mangrove forest and the pristine Desaru beach to explore.
- With its extensive range of activities and facilities, all located in close proximity, we are sure that Desaru Coast will bring about a truly endless escape for every Indian traveller.
What are the challenges for Desaru Coast as a tourism destination vis-a-vis India?
Being a new destination, the first challenge we need to address is awareness of Desaru Coast among Indian travellers. To address this, we are already collaborating with Tourism Malaysia and their international office in India to raise awareness about Desaru Coast as well as participating in regional tourism trade events, such as the recent SATTE 2019. Besides that, we also work closely with local travel wholesalers, travel agents and international destination wedding planners in India to stimulate interest in Malaysia’s newest destination resort and provide the best packages and promotions.