Escape the scorching heat, with some unique summer specials like Buransh Sherbat, and Marigold Iced Tea from Pilibhit House, Haridwar.
Evocative of the serene hills of Uttarakhand, these wonderful recipes have been curated to help increase energy levels and keep you hydrated through the summer.
A celebration of local ingredients with multiple health benefits, the culinary team helmed by Chef Mani Mohan Pathak combines contemporary flavours with time-tested wisdom from the ancestral kitchens of the century-old Pilibhit House.
Pilibhit House’s quintessential cooler and regional specialty – Buransh (Rhododendron) Sherbet is super easy to make and just the perfect fix to kick away all your summer blues! It’s light and sweet without an overpowering taste of sugar. A true seasonal favourite that also serves many health benefits such as cooling the heat in one’s body, anti-inflammatory properties, and balancing the ‘pitt dosha’.
Ever heard of a Marigold Iced Tea? We bet you haven’t. A chef’s special, our marigold/ genda iced tea is everyone’s favourite. Refreshing and delicious, this iced tea is prepared with simple ingredients and makes a great cooler in the sweltering heat.
Another special this summer is the delectable ‘Katthal Chaat’. Made with pulled jackfruit and crushed wheat – this chaat is a true vegetarian delight! For someone looking to indulge in a savoury snack this summer, this chaat is the perfect, nutritious option.
So, what are you waiting for? Try out these exciting recipes at home today by the culinary team headed by Chef Mani Mohan Pathak.
Marigold Iced Tea
- Fresh edible marigold flower petals
- Lemon juice
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1. Take a bunch of fresh marigold flowers, remove the buds, and wash the petals
- 2. Blend the fresh mint and marigold flower and make a decoction, using cold water, keep it in the refrigerator
- 3. While making the drink, take a glass, put 60 ml of decoction, add 10 ml of lemon juice and honey/ sugar for taste and top up with cold water
- Buransh leaves
- Lemon juice
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1. Take a bunch of burans leaves and soak them in water overnight
- 2. Blend the leaves of burans with the same infused water and make a decoction
- 3. Add mint leaves, lemon juice, honey, or sugar as per choice
- 4. Strain and serve chilled
- 2kg jackfruit
- 30 gm ginger garlic paste
- 20 gm green chili paste
- 10 gm turmeric
- 1 kg broken wheat
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 100 gm potli ka masala
- 500 ml ghee
- 1 mint bunch
- 50 gm brown onion
- 100 gm whole cashew
- 250 gm curd
- Salt, as per taste
- 1. Marinate the jackfruit with ginger garlic paste, haldi, and green chili paste and cook.
- 2. Boil it and take the shreds of jackfruit out of it.
- 3. Cook broken wheat with green chili and kebab chini and make a paste.
- 4. To a vessel, add ghee, ginger garlic paste, and green chili paste and saute.
- 5. Add shredded jackfruit to it, along with chili and turmeric powder.
- 6. Once the above is done, add curd and cook it till the oil seeps out. After that, add the broke wheat paste.
- 7. Allow it to cook until it reaches a consistency that does not stick to the ladle.
- 8 Garnish with fried onions, cashew nuts, lemon wedges, and fresh coriander. Serve hot.
So try these delicious, cool concoctions for a refreshing summer for you to beat this sweltering heat, courtesy Pilibhit House IHCL SeleQtions, Haridwar.
Read More: Latest