Today’s Traveller invites Exec Chef Biju Philiph, The Westin Chennai Velachery to share his favourite Christmas Delight.
Christmas is the season of joy, of gift-giving, and of family-bonding.
Exec Chef Biju Philiph shares the recipe for a super dessert – Banana Toffee Spread- for our readers to enjoy and make at home.
Bananas, cream and chocolate make for a delicious dessert, which is quick and easy to make. So, cook it up!
Banana Toffee Spread
- Ripe banana -150gm
- Castor sugar – 200gm
- cooking cream – 175ml mixed with vanilla essence – 5ml
- Milk Chocolate (roughly chopped) -150gm
- Soft butter – 100gm
- Melt the sugar and make caramel sauce
- Add ripe banana and cook it for 2 min until banana is completely mashed.
- Switch off the heat and add soft butter into the mixture. Mix it well
- Add cream and mix, then add milk chocolate. mix it very gently….
- The spread is ready. Leave it to cool for at least an hour and transfer to a glass jar.
- Refrigerate and this can be stored up to 2 weeks.
Read more: Food Voyager