What is your favourite dish to cook during Navratri? we asked and pronto!
India’s top Chefs shared their Favourite Dish to Eat During Navratri along with the recipe, so all food lovers can make it in their home for their loved ones.
We wait all year for celebrating food during the ongoing Navratri festival coming up in mid-April 2021. The 9-day of festivities puts a spotlight on what is traditionally known as Navratri fare but these meals are probably some of the most nutritious and diet-friendly meals in the world.
Exec Chef Amit Kumar, Aloft New Delhi Aerocity shares his Favourite Dish to Eat During Navratri
Happy Navratri! Happy Cooking!
Recipe – Roast Pumpkin with Samak Rice
- Cut your pumpkin in the shape you want and marinate with butter, kaffirlime, and sendha namak
- Cook in pre-heat oven for about 15 minutes at 160 degree temperature
- Now boil your samak rice and strain keep them a side
- For sauce take a pan and heat with some butter and ginger and then add coconut milk, kaffirlime along with some water
- Cook sauce for about 10 minutes at slow temperature and finish with sendha namak and lemon juice
- Season your boil samak rice and place on the plate
- Place pumpkin dice on top of samak rice and then pour sauce by side
- Put toasted makhana on top of dice pumpkin and garnish with fresh coriander leaves
- 100 gms pumpkin dice
- 50 ml butter
- 50 ml samak rice
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 3 leaves kaffirlime leaves
- 10 gms butter
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 no. lemon juice
- 2 gms ginger
- 6 pcs makhana
- 10 gms pumpkin seed
- Garnish coriander leaves
- Sendha Namak
Read More: Food Voyager