What is your favourite dish to cook during Navratri? we asked and pronto! The answer was Singhare ka Halwa by Chef Ajay Khanna, Radisson Blu Faridabad.
India’s top Chefs shared their Favourite Dish to cook during Navratri along with the recipe, so all food lovers can make it in their home for their loved ones.
We wait all year for celebrating food during the ongoing Navratri festival coming up in mid-April 2021. The 9-day of festivities puts a spotlight on what is traditionally known as Navratri fare but these meals are probably some of the most nutritious and diet-friendly meals in the world.
Singhare ka Halwa by Chef Ajay Khanna, Radisson Blu Faridabad is a remarkable dish and readers are fortunate to get the recipe of his favourite dish to cook during Navratri.
Singare is known as water chestnut. This flour is gluten free. The dessert is easy to make and takes no time. This tasty dish is a popular preparation during Indian fasting festivals like Navratri or Shivratri.
Happy Navratri! Happy Cooking with the recipe of Singhare ka Halwa by Chef Ajay Khanna, Radisson Blu Faridabad!
Recipe – Singhare ka Halwa by Chef Ajay Khanna
Singhare Ka Halwa
- Water chestnut flour, 100 Grams
- Sugar, 100 Grams
- Ghee, 20 Grams
- Green cardamom powder, 3 Grams
- Water, 300 Grams
- Pista, 5 Grams
- Almond, 5 Grams
- Cashewnuts, 5 Grams
- Take a pan and heat ghee in it. Add water-chestnut flour, cook it over medium flame for around 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Boil water in a different pan. Once boiled, pour this water into the pan and stir continuously to avoid lumps. Keep stirring and cook until the mixture thicken.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar. Mix well to dissolve the sugar completely.
- Garnish with dry nuts and serve hot.
Read More: Food Voyager