What is your favourite dish to cook during Navratri? we asked and pronto!
India’s top Chefs shared their Favourite Dish to cook during Navratri along with the recipe, so all food lovers can make it in their home for their loved ones.
We wait all year for celebrating food during the ongoing Navratri festival coming up in mid-April 2021. The 9-day of festivities puts a spotlight on what is traditionally known as Navratri fare but these meals are probably some of the most nutritious and diet-friendly meals in the world.
Senior Sous Chef Jaideep Dutta, Le Meridien New Delhi shares his Favourite Dish to cook During Navratri
Happy Navratri! Happy Cooking!
Recipe – Buckwheat Chilla
To Prepare Green Chutney
- 3 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 green chilli (optional)
- A small piece of raw mango
- 1 inch ginger slic
- Salt (senda namak) to taste
- Wash the leaves thoroughly and set aside to drain
- In a blender add all the ingredients listed above and blend until smooth
- adjust seasoning and keep aside
To Prepare Chilla
- 1cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup blanched Spinach puree
- 2tbsp yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2tsp carom seeds
- 1tsp kasoori methi
- to taste Salt
- 3 teaspoon Oil
- 1tbsp desi ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp ginger chop
- 1nos. Green chilli chop
- 2 tablespoon chopped Green Capsicum
- 2 tablespoon chopped red Capsicum
- 2 tablespoon chopped yellow Capsicum
- 1cup cottage cheese grated
- 2 tablespoon chopped Coriander leaves
- To taste Salt
- In a mixing bowl put BUCKWHEAT flour, add spinach puree, yoghurt, coriander powder, cumin powder, carom seeds, kasoori methi, salt.
- Whisk well by adding water slowly. The consistency of the batter should be like dosa batter.
- Now for the stuffing heat oil in a pan put cumin, as it starts to crackle add ginger, chilli, green, red, yellow bellpeppers saute for a while, then add cottage cheese, salt, mix well sprinkle coriander and set aside.
- Now heat a griddle or tawa, grease with little oil. Pour 1 big spoonful of batter to hot tawa and shape as a round thin pancake. Cover and cook in low heat for 1 minute.
- After a minute remove the cover and drizzle some ghee, carefully flip the chilla to cook from both sides.
- Add 1or 2 tablespoon of prepared stuffing to one side of the chilla and fold the chilla over the stuffing like a half moon and cook for few seconds on both sides to make the chilla little crisp.
- Remove from griddle and serve immediately with some green chutney.
Read More: Food Voyager