What is your favourite dish to cook during Navratri? we asked and pronto!
India’s top Chefs shared their Favourite Dish to cook during Navratri along with the recipe, so all food lovers can make it in their home for their loved ones.
We wait all year for celebrating food during the ongoing Navratri festival coming up in mid-April 2021. The 9-day of festivities puts a spotlight on what is traditionally known as Navratri fare but these meals are probably some of the most nutritious and diet-friendly meals in the world.
Exec Chef Mihir Kane, Holiday Inn Jaipur City Centre shares his Favourite Dish to cook During Navratri
Happy Navratri! Happy Cooking!
Recipe – Water chestnut, Spinach and Cottage Cheese Stuffed Kuttu Quesadillas
Water chestnut, Spinach and Cottage Cheese Stuffed Kuttu Quesadillas
- Kuttu Flour – 1 Cup
- Water to knead the dough
- Sendha Namak
- Black Pepper a pinch
- Spinach – 1 Cup
- Water chestnut – 1/4 Cup
- Almond – 7-8 nos
- Cottage Cheese – ¼ Cup
- Black Pepper – a Pinch
- Sendha Namak – to taste
- Basil – 5-6 leaves
- Oil – 2 tbsp
For Avocado Salsa
- Avocado..1 no
- Blanched Tomato..2 nos(Deseeded and diced)
- Green Chilly..1 no
- Lemon Juice..1 no
- Sendha Namak… to taste
- Knead a soft dough of Kuttu, add seasoning
- Use slight oil to roll out into tortillas
- Cook on the griddle on both sides
- For stuffing ..Chop spinach sauté in pan, add cottage cheese dices, chopped almonds, and chopped water chestnut, fresh basil, black salt, and black pepper
- Stuff the filling and sear the Kuttu tortillas by folding in a half-moon shape.
- Mix together avocados, tomato dices, lemon juices and chopped green chilies, black pepper, and sendha namak, serve with quesadillas
Read More: Food Voyager