Try stuffed Kuttu Quesadillas for Navratri said Exec Chef Mihir Kane, Holiday Inn Jaipur City Centre when we asked him what his favourite dish to cook during Navratri was?
The Editors at Today’s Traveller asked India’s top Chefs to tell us what was their Favourite Dish to cook during Navratri. We requested them to share the recipe and ingredients, so all Navratri fast observers and foodies, in general, could make it in their home for their families.
The Navratri festival in mid-April is a paradoxical one wherein you fast and then break the fast with delicious food prepared from special vrat food. This 9-day festival celebrates what is traditionally known as Navratri food. Interestingly, these meals are right at the top if you were to rank nutritious and diet-friendly meals anywhere in the world.
Exec Chef Mihir Kane, Holiday Inn Jaipur City Centre shares Stuffed Kuttu Quesadillas for Navratri – his Favourite Dish to cook during Navratri with what probably is the best quesadilla recipe you can try your hand at.
Happy Cooking the awesome Stuffed Kuttu Quesadillas for Navratri!
Recipe – Water chestnut, Spinach and Cottage Cheese Stuffed Kuttu Quesadillas for Navratri
Stuffed Kuttu Quesadillas for Navratri by Exec Chef Mihir Kane, Holiday Inn Jaipur City Centre
Kuttu Flour – 1 Cup
Water to knead the dough
Black Pepper a pinch
Spinach – 1 Cup
Water chestnut – 1/4 Cup
Almond – 7-8 nos
Cottage Cheese – ¼ Cup
Black Pepper – a Pinch
Sendha Namak – to taste
Basil – 5-6 leaves
Oil – 2 tbsp
For Avocado Salsa
- Avocado..1 no
- Blanched Tomato..2 nos(Deseeded and diced)
- Green Chilly..1 no
- Lemon Juice..1 no
- Sendha Namak… to taste
- Knead a soft dough of Kuttu, add seasoning
- Use slight oil to roll out into tortillas
- Cook on the griddle on both sides
- For stuffing ..Chop spinach sauté in pan, add cottage cheese dices, chopped almonds, and chopped water chestnut, fresh basil, black salt, and black pepper
- Stuff the filling and sear the Kuttu tortillas by folding in a half-moon shape.
- Mix together avocados, tomato dices, lemon juices and chopped green chilies, black pepper, and sendha namak, serve with quesadillas
Read More: Food Voyager