What is your favourite dish to cook during Navratri? we asked and pronto!
India’s top Chefs shared their Favourite Dish to cook during Navratri along with the recipe, so all food lovers can make it in their home for their loved ones.
We wait all year for celebrating food during the ongoing Navratri festival coming up in mid-April 2021. The 9-day of festivities puts a spotlight on what is traditionally known as Navratri fare but these meals are probably some of the most nutritious and diet-friendly meals in the world.
Exec Sous Chef Shubhra Mehrotra, ITC Maurya, New Delhi shares her Favourite Dish to cook During Navratri
Happy Navratri! Happy Cooking!
Recipe – Aloo Bukhara Qofta
Aloo Bukhara Qofta
Prep time: – 45 minutes
Utensils: – Kadhai, pan, ladle, strainer
|Aloo Bukhara(apricot)||1 no.|
|Singhada Atta||2 tbsp.|
|Sendha Namak||To taste|
|Red chilli Powder||1 tsp|
|Elaichi Powder||1 tsp|
|Jeera( cumin)||1 tsp|
|Black pepper||5 no.|
|Coriander leaves||Few sprigs|
- Soak Apricots in water for few hours.
- Mash Paneer into a smooth paste.
- Mix a little salt and red chilli Powder to paneer. Add chopped ginger.
- Mix a little singhada Atta for binding.
- Chop soaked apricots.
- Shape paneer into round balls of Qofta with the stuffing of chopped apricots.
- Heat ghee in Kadhai for frying Qofta.
- Fry Qofta till golden crisp.
Gravy preparation: –
- Boil chop tomatoes and cashew in little water, add peppercorn and cook.
- Make a fine paste of boiled tomato & cashew in Blender.
- Pass it through a sieve to make fine gravy.
- Whisk yogurt till blended add a little salt red chilli Powder and elaichi Powder to same.
- Heat Ghee in the pan, add Jeera till it crackle.
- Slowly add cashew and tomato paste and cook for some time add yogurt paste.
- Add little water to adjust the consistency of gravy, bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add Qofta and simmer for few minutes.
- Finish garnishing with sprigs of coriander leaves.
Shakarkandi Kheer: –
|Sweet Potato(Shakharkandi)||400 gm|
|Pista||7 -8 pcs|
|Cashewnut||10 – 12 pcs.|
|Raisins||10 -12 pcs|
|Elaichi powder||1 tsp|
- Boil sweet potato in water till cooked soft.
- Grate when cooled and keep aside.
- Boil milk in a pan, reduce to 1/3rd.
- Add chopped nuts and elaichi powder.
- Add sugar and finish simmering adding elaichi powder
- Add grated sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the kheer from heat and keep it aside for cooling.
- Serve in a bowl garnished with slivers of almonds and pista.
Read More: Food Voyager