What is your favourite dish to cook during Navratri? we asked and pronto!
India’s top Chefs shared their Favourite Dish to cook during Navratri along with the recipe, so all food lovers can make it in their home for their loved ones.
We wait all year for celebrating food during the ongoing Navratri festival coming up in mid-April 2021. The 9-day of festivities puts a spotlight on what is traditionally known as Navratri fare but these meals are probably some of the most nutritious and diet-friendly meals in the world.
Pradipt Sinha, Director of Food and Beverage, Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla shares his Favourite Dish to cook During Navratri
Happy Navratri! Happy Cooking!
Recipe – Mawa Makhane ki Kheer
Mawa Makhane ki Kheer
- Puffed lotus seeds – 1 cup
- Mawa/khoya – 3 table spoon
- Sugar powder- 200 gms
- Milk – ½ ltr
- Pure ghee – 2 tea spoon
- Green cardamom powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Almonds chopped – 1 table spoon
- Pistachio – 1 table spoon.
- Take a non-stick pan, pour ghee and let it heat and melt.
- Add lotus seeds/Makhana and saute it lightly.
- Pick another deep non stick pan and pour milk inside the pan
- Once the milk comes to a boil, take it off the heat and add khoya and powdered sugar
- Add the makhana/lotus seed to the milk and simmer it
- Top it up with green cardamom powder, almonds, and pistachios.
- Take it off the heat, let it cool down to room temperature and then keep it in the refrigerator
- Serve chilled
Read More: Food Voyager