Two Super Xmas treats with recipes for Serradura Cheese Cake and Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Glazed Meat Balls with Lemon and Maple Glazed Carrots by Balaji Srinivasan, Executive Chef, Cidade De Goa – IHCL SeleQtions for you.
Tis’ the season to celebrate! And what better way to bring the festivities into your household than with two special treats that are sure to impress, Serradura Cheese Cake and Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Glazed Meatballs? Together they make up a delicious duo that will be perfect for your much-awaited Christmas party.
Your family will love indulging in Serradura‘s creamy layers of macadamia nuts, biscuit crumbs, evaporated milk, and cheese. Furthermore, the Sweet and Spicy Cranberry is guaranteed to deliver delightful tangy notes courtesy of its flavorful combination of cranberry sauce and chili powder with the meatballs. Try this recipe today – it’s sure to be a Xmas favorite as you wine and dine through the celebrations!
Serradura Cheese Cake Recipe
- Cream Cheese – 20 gms
- Milkmaid -50 gm
- Whipping Cream – 200 gms
- Agar Agar / Veg Gelatin Powder – 6 gms
- Milk Amul Taza (Tetra Pack) – 50 ml
- Marie Biscuit – 50 gms
- Tata Salt – 1 gm
- Raspberry Coulis – 3 gms
- In a bowl, add cream cheese, Milkmaid, and whipping cream. Whisk till smooth.
- Add milk and continue to whisk slowly.
- Add gelatin and salt.
- In a separate container crush the biscuit till it is fine.
- Grease a cake tin and add the biscuit crumb.
- Add the cream mixture to tap on the table to ensure no air bubbles.
- Refrigerate for three hours.
- Remove and cut into triangles.
- Top with the Raspberry Coulis.
Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Glazed Meat Balls with Lemon and Maple Glazed Carrots Recipe
- For the Meat Balls
- Minced Lamb – 300 gms
- Egg – 2 nos
- Salt – 0.02 gms
- Crushed Black Pepper – 0.02 gms
- Chopped Onions – 0.1 gm
- Chopped Garlic – 0.02 gm
- Chopped Ginger – 0.02 gm
- Chopped Coriander – 0.02 gm
- Chopped Spring Onions – 0.02 gm
For the Sauce
- Cranberry Pulp – 0.1 gms
- Olive Oil – 0.2 gms
- Chopped Onions – 0.1 gms
- Chopped Mushrooms – 0.1 gms
- Chopped Garlic – 0.01 gms
- Crushed Black Pepper – 0.01 gms
- Salt – 0.01 gms
- For the Carrots
- Carrot Batons – 0.1 gm
- Maple Syrup – 0.01 gm
- Crushed Black Pepper – 0.01 gm
- Lemon Juice – 0.01 gm
- Salt – 0.01 gm
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the meatballs and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan, and saute onions and garlic.
- Add the mushrooms, and continue to saute.
- Add seasoning and a dash of water.
- Add cranberry pulp and cook till the sauce is thick.
- Boil the carrots with salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix maple syrup, salt seasonings, and lemon juice.
- Add the boiled carrots to the bowl and mix well.
- Heat water in a pot, and add a pinch of salt.
- Shape the meatballs into small dumplings.
- While the water is simmering slowly immerse the dumplings.
- Do not allow the water to boil.
- After four minutes gently turn the dumplings to make sure that they cook evenly.
- In a Pan, heat the sauce.
- Add the meatballs and toss well.
- Serve with the glazed carrots.
Cooking at home is a great way to show your loved ones how much you care. With these easy recipes, you’ll be able to whip up something special for Christmas dinner in no time. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the holiday season with your family and friends. Merry Christmas!
We hope we helped you in making some of these delicious dishes in your own home! They can also double up as classic holiday favourites.
Read more: Christmas Delight